Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8/Pro 8.5, Cubase Artist 8/8.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
What's New in Version 1.9.8• Audio Unit support
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE
• 28 new MicroSonic instruments
Not strictly guitar related but theres a nice 50% - off for Cubasis rightt now so you can pick up this iPad version of Steinberg's desktop DAW for $24.99.
It's a great all-rounder with audio/MIDI recording, some decent built in synths and loops, support for AudioBus and IAA ... and now the new Audio Unit plug in support. It has a built in screen based MIDI keyboard with chord pads ... and usable automation recording and editing. Yes the built in effects could be better ... but theres some extras for sale in-a==... and hopefully AU support will open things up too.
Remember you're on a iPad so don't expect Abbey Road Studios ( yet... ) but if you haven't invested in Cubasis' nearest competitor this is a great buy!