With MiMiX You can take total control of mixing your favorite Audiobus enabled apps’ outputs in the most convenient way. Just insert MiMiX into the Output Slot of Audiobus, even into multiple chains to mix the sound of the connected input or effect apps. You can even insert MiMIX into the input slot to send the mix to an other app, like a DAW to record the mix.
- Mix up to 8 Audiobus enabled apps including the system input or multiple channels of a multichannel input hardware
- Set the main mix volume level between -INF and +12dB
- Set the volume level of each input port between -INF and +12dB
- Set the panning or balance of each port (selectable)
- Mute any port
- Set any port to solo
- Monitor any port or the main mix on the built-in oscilloscopes and VU meters
- Control the main mix volume and volume, balance, mute and solo for each port using a MIDI controller or a Core MIDI app
- Set the MIDI CC parameters of each control via MIDI learn
- Set the MIDI channel and button behavior in the System Settings
- Double-tap on each knob or slider to set its default value
- Check the saturation indicator for each port to check if the pots power reached 0dB
- Check the clip indicator on the main mix to avoid clipping.
- MiMiX suports multi-output hardware devices, up to 12 stereo pairs
- MiMiX uses a 32 bit float engine so clipping can only occur at the main mix
- MiMiX is lightweight - minimal CPU usage and memory footprint
Check the preview video at: http://youtu.be/AWOKueL3Y34
Now this isn't strictly a Guitar thing but if any of you have ever run two music apps simultaneously in AudioBus ( which, btw is the way to do it...) then you've probably lost your mind switching between apps trying to get the volume levels comfortable for each instrument. Right? Some apps don't even have a level control instead relying on the iPad's actual headphone output control ... agghhhhh!
To the rescue comes MiMix which is a must -have addition to AB. Simply run each of your required Apps in a separate AB signal chain (you do need the full AudioBus install) and add MiMix to the output slot of each. Switch to the MiMix app and you'll have a mixer which lets you mix the outputs against each other.... one level control per AB chain up to 8. For instance you might have a backing track app running in sync with a drum machine ( ok, ok ... good luck with that I know... ) and your guitar running into an amp sim to play along. Now you can just mix each instument to your taste without all that frustrating, crash inducing app switching!
It's even possible to plug MiMix into an AB source slot and record the mixed output!