Molten is a powerful and intuitive tool for creating percussive sounds and rhythm sequences for the iPad. Using a revolutionary approach to grid based pattern sequencing that divides time to instantly add tuplets and fills to your drum programming.
Built on a versatile synthesizer that allows you to play and process your own sound samples. The kits can be mangled, filtered and crushed using the multi-touch interface.
Load and store your patterns and share them with your friends. Export to a standard MIDI file and import into a professional digital audio workstation.
Connect to your Mac with CoreMIDI networking over Wi-Fi or USB with the Camera Connection Kit and transmit the sequence in real-time to your hardware.
Unleash the potential of your beats on the iPad.
- Multi-tasking and Background Audio
- Kymatica AudioShare export and import
- AudioCopy & AudioPaste between other apps
- Easily and quickly create rhythms with complex time signatures
- Intuitively divide a note into tuplets
- Sample based synthesis with user loadable samples
- Each pattern has 8 instrument tracks
- Global master effects processor including delay, reverb, EQ and compressor
- Share your pattern compositions as audio or MIDI files or transfer patterns between Molten users
- Connect to pro music equipment with MIDI CC and clock sync
- iRig MIDI compatible
- Molten cannot be used with iPhone and iPod touch
- USB MIDI requires the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a compatible USB MIDI interface, e.g. M-Audio Uno 1-in/1-out or ESI Midimate II
This is a huge update bringing Molten Drum Machine up to date with iOS 7+. Thank you for your patience and continued supported.
- Support for iOS 7+
- New Audiobus 2.0+ support
- New AudioCopy support
- New Kymatica AudioShare support
- Fix for tuplet timing
- Sample rate now 44.1KHz
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Updated user interface elements
I've mentioned posting about some apps that might be useful to you iOS guitarists out there. If you've ever found yourself wanting a drum pattern to play to but are not happy with a loop and want some control over what is actually playing then the Molten Drum Machine is for you!
It just got an update to make it behave under iOS 7 and 8 ... hopefully 9 too ... after a period where it was suffering a bit from incompatibility problems.
Its strength is in the fact you can load up a starter Pattern ( each with its own saved Kit ) hit Play and tap away on the Grid of pads until you get what you like. Done. Drag across the tracks to enter a series of beats and drag down to set the velocity ( level ) of each beat individually. Having Fun? You know you are!
Of course your $4.99 gives you a lot more. A LOT. Each kit is a collection of 8 percussion sounds which you can assign from over 140 built in acoustic and electronic samples. Yes, if you are keen you can import your own samples too! Each of the 8 tracks has a simple level, Mute and Solo control on the front panel, then Tuning, Envelope, EQ, Delay, Pan , Tremelo, and Bit Crushing if you open the sound editing page from the Inst/Seq button!
Once that's under your belt then it's on to adding swing, breaking the bars on the grid into triplets ( or smaller! ) ... and throwing your brain into the very thorough MIDI implementation. Clock sync both ways, assignable note values.. yadah yadah. Nicely done!
If by now, you've forgotten how to play guitar, come to my place and we'll commiserate over a beer. But it doesn't take a thing away from this great, old-school-drum-machine styled app.
I hope this update heralds a renewed development phase ... I'd love a little per voice Reverb Send ( to a single Reverb effect , not 8 concurrent processes! ) ... Check it out!