AmpKit+ transforms your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
The paid AmpKit+ app includes 4 amps and matching cabinets, 10 pedals and 8 mics at less than half price.
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with mixing and non-destructive re-amping
• Upload sessions to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others
• Records sharing via SoundCloud, AirDrop, Copy-Paste, iMessage and email
• Ultra-low latency, virtually undetectable
• FREE Tuner and Metronome featuring technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Works with virtually all headset and dock guitar interfaces
And so the Amp-Simulation bubble has officially burst! Another contender crashes in price from $19.99 to $9.99 for the pleasure of your tortured eardrums!
Amp Kit plus offers a selection of amps, cabinets and FX plus a huge collection of IAP's. Significantly the whole caboodle ( is that a word ... or should it be caboose ? ) can be had in-app for $29.99 .... that's a $250 value we're told prior to committing.
Personally I haven't committed. I got Amp Kit free ages ago before the + version and bought some extras. The "Clean" amp collection and and an effects pack as I recall. I have no idea what the 'free' version actually comes with these days ... the description doesn't say. But I remember the sounds to be very good, although the workflow interface seemed rather counter intuitive to me, which is why I really haven't pulled it out much.
If you haven't got any of the other competitors yet ( hard to imagine at this point ) then the Plus package and the complete bundle probably represents good value. But really how many amp models do you need?
Now if Gibson, Fender or Rickenbacker had a $9.99 guitar special I'd be there in a flash!