ToneStack is the ultimate in signal processing: with the LARGEST and BEST selection of AMPS & FX, the latest advancements in modeling technology, and an unbelievably powerful yet simple interface – it simply shreds all the other guys.
Thanks to ToneStack's state-of-the-art “Virtual Circuit” technology, each ToneStack unit is the digital mirror image of a real analog topology. Unlike other FX apps that try to copycat with EQing and other gimmicks, ToneStack recreates the intricate designs of the real thing. The result is a warm, responsive tone with the natural behavior you find in analog units.
Amazing Selection of Pro Amps & FX
ToneStack offers a huge range of amps, cabs & FX: from sparkly clean to sizzling hot bias tube amps, iconic stompboxes, pro-grade rack units, and high-end reverbs, ToneStack is the most complete plugin suite on the iOS.
Right away, enjoy 6 classic amps & cabs, and 21 meticulously designed FX. Expand to a total of 24 amps & cabs, and 71 FX – the largest collection on iOS.
ToneStack also brings many powerful guitar FX to the iOS for the first time: polyphonic octaver, harmonizer, realistic spring reverbs, virtual-reel tape delays are just a few examples.
The Most Versatile Signal Chain on iOS
Why be limited with just 4 or 8 FX that other guys max you out at? ToneStack lets you run a whopping 64 amps & effects simultaneously* so you can let your imagination run wild.
For even more power, ToneStack includes a unique ABY unit not found in other FX apps. Split your signal anywhere: run dual amp setups, switch or blend FX chains, or multiplex your signal via frequency splitting – countless permutations, all up to you.
You can match any amp with any cab (all cabs have 3 mics with distance & position settings); you can insert any unit anywhere – even between amps and cabs like a true FX loop. Managing your signal chain is as easy as dragging and dropping an icon!
inSTUDIO & Other Goodies
Wanna quickly jam out an idea, or cut a song and share it? ToneStack offers a powerful 8-Track recorder – first two tracks free — with plenty of user-friendly features. Fire up the built-in Tapedeck to quickly record an idea or create loops, or manipulate audio with its Hi-Q pitch & time shift. Import & export audio via email, WiFi, iTunes or copy/paste. Built-in tuner, metronome and a custom onSTAGE mode are just a few other amazing ToneStack features.
All the Pro Features of iOS
Enjoy the full power of the platform’s top MIDI and Preset systems. MIDI learn is super-intuitive thanks to ToneStack's WYSIWYG interface: all the amp & FX controls are MIDI-programmable. Effortlessly create UNLIMITED banks and presets – share them at the touch of a button. ToneStack is an Inter-App Audio effect, and works in any Audiobus slot.
• “Virtual Circuit” amp & FX modeling technology
• Units modeled after real-life circuits
• ABY: split signal anywhere, use dual amp setups, blend, pan or switch FX chains & more
• Complete collection: 24 amps & cabs, 71 FX, with stompboxes & rack-units and more!
• 64 simultaneous amps & FX*
• Independent amps & cabs
• 3 mics per cab w/ distance & position setting
• 8-Track recorder w/ 2 tracks free
• Tapedeck w/ punch looping, sample-accurate rec, pitch/time manipulation, FX send & more
• Tuner w/ permanent & fullscreen modes
• Metronome, tap tempo, settable time signature
• BPM sync mods & LFOs
• onSTAGE mode w/ quick preset load & FX toggle
• Extremely powerful MIDI: control any amp or FX parameter
• Easy MIDI Learn
• MIDI prog changes + bank & preset up/down
• Audiobus: input, FX, output, state-saving
• Inter-App Audio FX
• Audio copy/paste, email, WiFi, iTunes sharing
• Works with iOS compatible USB or headphone jack interfaces (USB recommended for best audio quality)
• Requires iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5 or newer
• Lots of AWESOME new features for the inStudio 8 track recorder:
— You can now use up to four FX for each track as inserts!
— Use inserts to add FX during mixing, or to conveniently and non-destructively re-amp your existing tracks
— You can use any unlocked effect, amp or cabinet in ToneStack as an insert
— The user friendly UI allows you to easily add, reorder and remove inserts: and to view an effect's controls, just double tap its box on inStudio
— inStudio also introduces two sends, each with its own inserts, as well a separate master output with its own inserts group. Each track comes with variable Send 1 and Send 2 levels
— In addition, unlocking inStudio gives you two exclusive production-minded FX: Studio EQ, a high quality 5-band stereo equalizer, and Studio Compressor, a classic stereo dynamic compressor.
• OnStage is revamped: you can now create performance groups to organize your existing presets into folders for different situations. Each performance group gives you 128 pads to link your presets. In addition, you can reorder presets and more!
• You can now control OnStage via MIDI! Just go to Settings -> MIDI and specify whether you want MIDI program changes to be routed to OnStage or to the Preset Manager
• ALL distortions, fuzzes and overdrives have been gone over and fine-tuned. The lows/mids response is way more natural and the tones are even ballsier and more realistic.
• Implemented 100% silent preset switching
• Fully updated for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Many other improvements
I've never got around to trying out this Amp sim from Yonac but the sale might change that over the weekend! I have no doubts about the quality of Yonac apps ... but I have a feeling that the price of entry will be just the beginning. There's quite lot of IAP's which could set you back. The whole lot of them in a Bundle run $39.99. But that's not bad for what is on offer.
Love to hear from anyone who has this ... it might push me over the edge!
UPDATE : seems theres a free version of this called Tonestack GO! Now thats worth a download!