BIAS FX turns your iPad into a world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an endless collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, dual amps and dual signal chain. You can share and download users and artists signature guitar pedalboards from the cloud.
All new advanced multi-effects engine
Positive Grid's approach engineering BIAS FX with a no-compromise mindset, from a detailed touch in distortion emulation to the double precision algorithm in chorus, we strive for the best possible sound quality. A huge collection of newly developed, high-definition pedal and rack effects are included: gate, boosters, overdrive, distortion, fuzz, equalizers, tremolo, phaser, flanger, chorus, octaver, compressors, delays, spring and plate reverbs—everything a guitar player needs for massive tone, with all the flavor of both modern and vintage stomp boxes. Throw all that together – it is pedalboard heaven, but without the hassle of hauling around dozens of stomps in a heavy metal box and fumbling with a snakepit of cables. Show up at the studio or gig, boot up and play!
Insanely powerful, yet easy to use
BIAS FX is the most powerful processor ever designed by Positive Grid, yet its simple drag-and-drop interface makes it extremely easy to use. Dual amps provide the resonance and vibrancy of playing through two real amps set up together in wide stereo. When integrated with BIAS AMP (separate app), you can select a different preamp, power amp, cab, mic and eq for each of the two amps. Patch everything together, including all pedals and rack effects, in any order you wish in dual signal paths running in parallel.
Download pedalboard from the cloud
There are already hundreds of pedalboard configurations available on ToneCloud for you to own, and the banquet keeps getting bigger and bigger: Positive Grid are currently working with professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world to create a massive, ever-growing library of extraordinary virtual pedalboards and rigs for BIAS FX. Browsing and downloading from that library is a snap: All the effects and amps in each setup can be seen at a glance, because they’re stored as Pedalboard-like snapshots. Simply scroll through the online images to select the presets of interest, then tap or click to download.
Dual BIAS Amp integration
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP, all included amp models can be opened by BIAS AMP, tweak and import back to BIAS FX. You can import BIAS amps (hundreds amp models available from ToneCloud) into BIAS FX's dual amp system, simply tap the BIAS FX icon. For JamUp users, please update BIAS AMP, and press and hold JamUp icon to select BIAS FX option.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
Oh Boy ....
Positive Grid have unleashed another crate of probably awesome sounds and slick graphic design which evokes every guitar pedal you ever saw in a magazine or under the counter at Guitar Center. But hey ... it's getting a bit complicated. I've got my Jam Up Pro and my Bias now all this get's wedged in somehow? At $30 I just don't know if I've got the time.
I'm sure it's great, but my weekly budget went to the ToneStack sale. Plus I'm pretty sure down the line a bit there'll be a sale. But even then ... soooo many choices. Can I bear it all?
One App please.
Did I mention the Graphics?