Everything you need for Guitar on the iPad.
Now with Chromatic Tuner and Metronome.
Over 120,000 users.
With its high resolution graphics, StringMaster has been fully optimized for the iPad Retina Display, and also works with iPad 2 and above. Note StringMaster is an iPad Only application and is not supported on the iPhone. Key Features:
* Play and discover a wide range of chords and fingering, all with beautiful natural tone.
* Highly accurate Chromatic Tuner
* Display and play scales, including scale runs up the fretboard
* Display chord notes or suggested fingering
* Using a set of complex musical algorithms, StringMaster will show you the name of a chord based on the finger positions you define!
* StringMaster's easy-to-use Song Writer recommends which chords sound best together making it easy to write and store killer songs and progressions, including individual notes
* Explore and learn the fretboard, Chords & sounds of a range of instruments
* Learn to play a new instrument by comparing it with one you already know. Select a chord on one instrument, then display the equivalent chord pattern and fingering on any of the many other instruments.
Supports the following Instruments:
* Acoustic Guitar
* Electric Guitar
* Electric Guitar - 7 String
* Bass - 5 String
* Banjo - 4 String
* Ukulele (Soprano, Concert, Tenor and Baritone)
String Master is a formidable attempt to be the Guitarist's one-stop reference guide. It includes chord look up, reverse lookup ( tap some notes and it displays the chord!), scale references , chord suggestions per key, a note recognition game, an instrument tuner, a metronome and MIDI Output ( not sure why .... ). It even provides a means to compare chord and note fingerings on different stringed instruments which is very cool!
The interface is very well done ... not just the dreaded dots on a fretboard and the provided preview sounds are very pleasant. All in all a good app.
But it's not an instrument in itself ... which is a shame. It feels like it wants to be. The sound is good enough, the app depth is there ... I really want to play the thing. Time to write to the developer and ask!